Client is a leading US based manufacturer of Gas Fired, Condensing and Electric Water Heaters and Boilers.
• Client had designed a new series of Water Heaters and wished to provide Modbus TCP and RTU interface to network it with other equipments in the system.
• Product also required Wi-Fi support to enable IoT application development, especially Remote Monitoring and Predictive Maintenance.
• Client selected Softdel by considering its capabilities and vast knowledge base across industrial communication protocols.
• Softdel used its it’s ready Modbus stack and ported it to the Freescale based MCU platform
• Softdel provided native interface for Modbus RTU and Modbus TCP (Slave configuration)
• Softdel developed embedded application for the Control Module which included Touchscreen driver
Other Key Modules
• To enable Factory Programming, Softdel is developing a Boot Loader Application
• Currently, Softdel is working on providing Wi-Fi interface using Ayla Design Kit
Achieved market differentiation & unique positioning
The new set of features like Modbus and Wi-Fi Interface as well as Touchscreen Interface helped customer to gain competitive edge in its target market.
Related Case Study // Related Case Study
ZigBee Interface to Smart Lighting System
Client : Leading US-based OEM of Smart Lighting & Home Automation Systems
BACnet interface for Home & Multimedia Automation System
Client : Leading manufacturer of advanced systems for home automation