Client is a leading provider of I/O modules, operator interfaces for industrial controls
• Client had been providing I/O modules, operator interfaces for industrial controls. Client wanted to replace its existing hardware board due to obsolescence and enhancement issues of its components/parts. In addition to this, Client wanted to migrate its application (from assembly language to C-programming), porting over new board and testing.
• Client selected Softdel as engineering partner considering its capabilities & experience in executing projects around embedded/platform development, software re-engineering & testing.
• To re-engineer the hardware and firmware of operator interface products due to obsolescence & enhancement issues of its parts.
• Product design review
• Identification of key areas to address obsolescence and enhancement issues
Hardware, Firmware Re-engineering
• Replaced the obsolete ASIC with an advanced ARM based microcontroller
• Migration of existing firmware from assembly to C code
• Modbus, DF1 and DH485 (proprietary) interface development
• Increased the shelf-life of the product
• Future-Proof design to accommodate futuristic requirements
• Common platform to accommodate different legacy products hence cost reduction
• Improved maintainability by optimized design and proper documentation
Related Case Study // Related Case Study
Re-engineering of a Robotic System
Client : Leading Welding Robotic OEM
Reusable Platform to Make Smart & Connected Pressure Monitoring Device
Client : Leading US Pressure Sensing Devices OEM