Client had been providing welding robotic products and solutions across industrial applications. Client’s existing robotic products were comprised with software, sensors, safety equipment and controller.
• Client was faced with challenge in maintaining, updating the legacy firmware code, application code and other components. Client was looking for an engineering solution provider who could re-engineer the entire legacy firmware code, application code to bring reusability, modularity & maintainability.
• Client selected Softdel as “Offshore Development Partner (ODC model)” considering its capabilities & experience in executing projects around embedded/platform development, software application development & testing.
• Product/System understanding
• Participation in Training workshop at client premise
• Migration of platform dependent code to modular code with new features
• Developed OS Abstraction Layer (OSAL) to separate out platform specific code
• Compliance with Safety Critical Guidelines
• Code optimization
• Verification & Validation of migrated code
• Reusable code across modules
• Improved the code maintainability & upgradability
• Compliance with coding guidelines to bring superior quality
• Field problems reduced by more than 30%
Related Case Study // Related Case Study
Display Board Re-engineering of Flow Computer Device
Client : Leading American Oil and Gas company, offering wide range of flow meters and flow computers.
Operator Interface’s Hardware & Firmware re-engineering
Client : Leading Industrial Control OEM