Client is a leading US based manufacturer of automated heating controls for the HVAC industry.
Client wanted to develop a “next-gen” touch screen based interface solution for controlling and monitoring of its HVAC Systems.
Client approached Softdel to develop display interface board that would facilitate communication between HVAC controller board (over HDMI channel) and touch screen display (over USB HID).
Display interface board should be scalable & flexible to support TFT display with size ranging from 7” to 12” inch.
Hardware development of Display Interface Board (DIB)
• Chipset selection, Schematic, Layout, PCB assembly and Testing
• Power supply module
• HDMI to RGB/LVDS Conversion Engine (by configuring chipset)
• Capacitive Touch Interface (sends user input to main board over USB-HID)
• Configuration of different display resolutions
• Testing with single board computers like Raspberry PI and display units (desktop, laptop, etc..) with HDMI output
• Highly scalable solution to support across client’s different product lines
• Faster time to market and high quality deliverables