Designation: Technical Architect
Qualification: B.E./B. Tech – CSE/E&TC/EC or equivalent
Experience: 10+ years
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Define and design the overall architecture and technical roadmap for embedded systems projects, considering requirements, constraints, and industry best practices.
- Lead the selection of hardware components, software frameworks, development tools, and technologies to be used in embedded systems projects.
- Develop detailed system specifications, including hardware and software requirements, interfaces, and protocols.
- Collaborate with hardware engineers, software developers, and other stakeholders to ensure seamless integration and interoperability of embedded systems components.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to the development team throughout the entire project lifecycle, ensuring adherence to architectural standards and best practices.
- Conduct performance analysis, system optimization, and troubleshooting of complex embedded systems, including real-time constraints and resource limitations.
- Stay updated with emerging trends, advancements, and industry standards in embedded systems and RTOS technologies, and proactively apply them to improve system designs and performance.
- Collaborate with project managers to define project milestones, deliverables, and timelines, and ensure successful execution and delivery of embedded systems projects.
- Perform code and design reviews to ensure compliance with architectural principles, performance requirements, and coding standards.
- Identify risks, technical challenges, and mitigation strategies during the development process, and communicate them to stakeholders effectively.
- Proven experience 12-15 years working as a Technical Architect, Embedded Systems Architect, or a similar role with a focus on embedded systems.
- Strong expertise in embedded systems design, including hardware-software co-design, real-time constraints, and resource optimization.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) such as FreeRTOS.
- Proficiency in programming languages commonly used in embedded systems development, such as C or C++.
- Experience with microcontrollers, microprocessors, and embedded hardware platforms.
- Familiarity with embedded software development tools, debuggers, and programming interfaces.
- Strong understanding of system-level design principles, including hardware interfaces, protocols, and communication protocols (e.g., UART, SPI, I2C, Ethernet, CAN, etc.).
- Experience in embedded systems software development and familiarity with relevant programming paradigms and software development methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex technical challenges and propose innovative solutions.
- Strong communication and leadership skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Master’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience in safety-critical embedded systems development, including compliance with relevant standards (e.g., ISO 26262, DO-178C).
- Knowledge of hardware description languages (e.g., VHDL or Verilog) for FPGA or ASIC development.
- Familiarity with software verification and validation techniques in the embedded systems domain.
- Experience with system-level simulation, modeling, and performance analysis tools.
- Knowledge of wireless communication protocols commonly used in embedded systems, such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or cellular technologies.