Building automation OEMs are constrained by a lack of comprehensive, certified tools to establish BACnet communication within their product offerings.
BACnet application development requires a physical interface with BACnet devices to test applications in real-time. Field-testing is expensive and time consuming. Hence, interoperability and testing often occur only in the BACnet test lab at the time of certification. As a result OEMs spend a significant amount of time and incur greater expense to correct defects identified at the testing stage.
Softdel’s BOSS Simulator simulates a network of virtual BACnet devices, properties and service configurations, without the need for physical devices. It provides a comprehensive ability to effectively troubleshoot BACnet functionality and interoperability, without conducting field tests. Its easy-to-use interface allows developers and systems integrators to configure, monitor and issue service commands to accessible physical or virtual devices on the BACnet network.
Using the BACnet Simulator OEMs can test applications virtually and fix any issues noticed, before sending the device for testing.
Key Features of BOSS Simulator –
- Simulate devices of PR-19
- Segmentation support
- BBMD Support
- Backup and restore support
- Support for both A-side and B-side services
- User configurable simulation of PVs
- Support IBM MS DBCS, ANSI X3.4, ISO 8859-1 character sets
- Virtual router
- Device discovery (searching and sorting by device ID, IP)
- Object browser
- Set property value of discovered objects
- Continuously monitor property values of discovered devices
- Auto command configuration to generate periodic commands over the network
BOSS Simulator Vs BOSS Explorer
The below table gives the high-level overview of features, comparison, pricing info about our products- BOSS Simulator and BOSS Explorer
*Note- Once you make the Payment, please click on the “Return to Merchant” link to proceed further.
|Features||BOSS Simulator||BOSS Explorer|
|Protocol revision support|
|Protocol revision support||PR-19||PR-19|
|BACnet/Ip device virtually|
|Simulate BACnet/Ip device virtually||✔||X|
|Discover and browse BACnet devices|
|Discover and browse BACnet devices||✔||✔|
|Configurable BACnet devices|
|Configurable BACnet devices||✔||X|
|Automatic network traffic generator|
|Automatic network traffic generator||✔||X|
|Monitor Object property values|
|Monitor Object property values||✔||✔|
|Set property value of discovered objects|
|Set property value of discovered objects||✔||✔|
|Support for both A-side and B-side services|
|Support for both A-side and B-side services||✔||X|
|User configurable simulation of PVs(Present Values)|
|User configurable simulation of PVs(Present Values)||✔||X|
|Supports IBM MS DBCS ,ANSI X3.4 character sets|
|Supports IBM MS DBCS ,ANSI X3.4 character sets||✔||✔|
|Real time logging, monitoring & analysis of BACnet commands and response|
|Real time logging, monitoring & analysis of BACnet commands and response||✔||X|
|Backup and restore support|
|Backup and restore support||✔||X|
Below are the Steps to Install the BOSS Simulator
1. Open folder “BOSS Simulator Installer” >> Click on setup.exe
2. Follow instructions to complete setup
3. Now start BOSS Simulator from Desktop or from StartUp menu
4. Click on register button
5. Select MAC address from list and click on generate button to generate license request file(.bnt file) and save it on local machine.
6. Please email the .bnt file to email@example.com.
7. Once we receive .bnt file, we will email you the license file (.lic extension) within 24 working hours | Save the license file on Desktop.
8. Start BOSS Simulator.
9. Click on register button.
10. Select validation radio button if not selected, browse for the saved license file.
11. Click on validate to apply the license.
CASE STUDY // BOSS (BACnet Device Simulator)
Building Internet of Things
Client : Leading US-based Building Management Company
Our technical experts will be happy to address your needs