The growth of smart lighting is primarily driven by the growing need for energy efficiency, increasing support by government and awareness among the building owners. Traditional Lighting controls consume approximately 40% energy. Gartner predicts that smart lighting has the potential to reduce energy costs by 90 percent.
Softdel has been helping global lighting OEMs across the key phases of lighting solution development. We understand trends, challenges, technology possibilities across commercial building lighting, industrial lighting, stage lighting; this has helped us to bring unique value propositions for our customers. Some of our key service offerings include hardware/software engineering, IoT/connectivity protocols, application development and testing.
Lighting OEMs have been focusing on delivering more business value to their end-customers in terms of better energy savings.
Softdel with its extensive experience across design, development and validation of Lighting End-Point Firmware, backed by deep domain expertise, reusable assets, services accelerators, helps Lighting OEMs across their product development and sustenance initiatives.
• Firmware development Lighting Devices
• RTOS & Chipset integration
• RTOS & Chipset integration
• LED Drivers development for Luminaries with Dimming
• Features implementation – Daylight Harvesting, Dimming, Occupancy Sensing, CCT
• Firmware Upgrade
Intelligent, Energy Efficient, connected are some of the major growth drivers in the lighting industry. Lighting OEMs are migrating from traditional lighting systems to intelligent and connected lighting solutions.
Softdel, with its extensive experience across advanced connectivity protocols across industrial, building lighting domains, backed by product development capabilities, reusable frameworks, end-to-end services, helps Lighting OEMs across their connectivity related initiatives.
• Wired and Wireless Interface
• Standard Interface Protocol implementation- BACnet, Modbus, ZigBee, 802.11, 802.15.4, Bluetooth(LE)
• Power over Ethernet (PoE) support
• Lighting Protocols Stack – DALI, DMX-512
• Secured communication
• Native IoT connectivity protocols support e.g. MQTT, Thread, CoAP
• Develop Lighting Gateway supporting MQTT, Thread, CoAP, BACnet
In the recent times, the need for connectivity & data analytics has been exponentially growing in the lighting industry. Lighting OEMs are looking for lighting management application solutions that could bring energy reports and dashboards, customization flexibility.
Softdel has been helping Lighting OEMs across application development life cycle. We provide application development and testing services.
• PC/Web Based Lighting Control and Monitoring Application Development
• Lighting Mobile Application Development
• Lighting API Development for 3rd party application integration
• Advanced analytics based application like smart space management
• Features implementation – Firmware upgrade, Zone Control, Wireless Control, Secured Control, Scheduling, Power Monitoring Dashboards
• Product validation, Independent Test lab setup
• System testing including performance and scalability
• Test automation
CASE STUDY// Smart Lighting
PoE based Smart Lighting Solution
Client : A leading US-based manufacturer of indoor and outdoor LED luminaires
Automated Testing of Smart and Connected Lighting
Client : Leading US-based manufacturer of indoor and outdoor LED luminaires
Client : a leading US-based building management company, providing the highest quality control products and services to HVAC industry